Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An All Things Chocolate Recipe Exchange

I recently hosted an All Things Chocolate recipe exchange for a Relief Society enrichment night. It was a fun girls night out and everyone went home with some great new recipes.

Here is a picture of the table before the party.

I used a 1 1/2" circle punch to punch out the Hershey kisses and then cut 2" circles out of brown card stock with my cricut machine. I glued the kisses to the brown circles and then cut out small brown strips of card stock and glued them to the back of the brown circles to make the napkin rings.

I filled small treat bags with Hershey kisses for the favors. I bought a 60 oz. bag of Hershey kisses at Costco for $8.89 and it went a long way. I still had leftovers after making the favors, filling the glass jar and the candy dish.

I filled a jar full of Hershey kisses and printed out little slips of paper for the guests to guess how many kisses were in the jar. The person who guessed the closest won the jar of Hershey kisses. I also glued some pictures of Hershey kisses to the bottom of three plates. The people who picked up those plates each won a chocolate candy bar. I found a Hershey kiss candy jar that opens up and plays songs about kissing when you press the button. :)

I am missing a few of the recipes however I have posted the ones I have on my recipe blog. Click on the names below for the recipes. I recommend them all!

Oreo Balls
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies
Cake Balls
Chocolate Carrot Cake
Fudgy Brownies
Robin's To Die For Turtles